Sometimes a new tarot spread can add a freshness to our readings. This relationship spread has been useful in readings for my tarot clients. Try it yourself and see if it works for you.
Using this tarot relationship spread
The cards are shuffled normally. If both partners are present for the reading, you can ask each of them to select 7 cards randomly from the deck. You then select a final card. Mix all of these together and then deal them.
From the diagram, you can see that the cards are dealt from the right side to the left. If you remember that for each card dealt on the right for partner 1, you will deal another on the left for partner 2, it will all come clear. The last card, the key, is dealt last in the center.
Interpreting the Relationship Spread
The cards are interpreted by position as follows:
1. Partner 1 hopes for this in the relationship.
2. Partner 2 hopes for this.
3. Partner 1 brings this
4. Partner 2 brings this
5. Partner 1′s position about the relationship
6. Partner 2′s position about the relationship
7. Partner 1′s fear
8. Partner 2′s fear
9. External forces on partner 1
10. External forces on partner 2
11. How partner 1 saw partner 2 then
13. How partner 1 sees partner 2 now
12. How partner 2 saw partner 1 then
14. How partner 2 sees partner 1 now
Key. The key to the relationship. May be advice, information or other guidance.
This spread was adapted from one designed by Terry Donaldson and Evelyn Herbin. Thank you Terry and Evelyn for your support of tarot over the years.
Tarot card from the Golden Tarot of Klimt, copyright 2005 by Lo Scarabeo, Llewellyn Publications, All Rights Reserved. If you like this card, please support the publishers by purchasing the deck.
You can download a description of the spread here:
Google+, tweet or like:
We all need someone we can trust.